I am writing this today because several current clients were once the victim of this scam before finding our firm. This scam is costing consumers millions and leaving them worse off than when they started. If you received this email, you are in good hands, but you may know someone who needs help and doesn’t know where to turn or how to fix their situation. Victims of the Obama Debt Relief Plan either received a call, mail, or email stating the Obama plan would help them out of debt. There is NO OBAMA DEBT PLAN, as least not for us, the consumers. Sadly, there are debt settlement companies out there trying to appear as legitimate law firms to steal consumers money. They say everything you want to hear, and then when you need them most, they tell you to hire an attorney.
How to know it you are with the right debt program:
- Are they a real law firm? If they are not a law firm, don’t even waste your time and money, they can’t protect you in a lawsuit.
- Can you look up their Attorneys on the State Bar website? Do they have a clear record? All joking aside, Just because they are lawyers doesn’t make them honest, check to see if they have any record of complaints with the State Bar. The State Bar hears and investigates every consumer complaint sent to them. For this reason (and to be fair to all attorneys) it is your only truly reliable source for honesty since anyone can put negativity on the internet without proof.
- Do you have direct access to your money/trust account? This is one of the biggest red flags, do you have complete access to your money without needing to contact the company? Run fast and call us if this is not the case.
- Are they contacting your creditors immediately, OR are they telling you to “hide from the creditors” and they will call creditors once your money is built up? If they are telling you to hide, you are at great risk of a lawsuit. Communication is the most important part of negotiation. Would you rather have an experienced attorney negotiating for you or just a customer service rep? With debt settlement companies, a CS rep is what you get. Little to no training, and even less real life experience. If you are with our law firm, you get experience, and more importantly a record of success.
- Are you happy with their Client Services? Seems like a simple question, but this can be a key factor to know with whom you are dealing. I have had prospective clients tell me they can’t get a straight answer from their current company! Why accept this lack of professionalism on such an important issue in your life, make a change for the better.
Give us a call today if you or someone you care about needs help, 877-343-3289Share